Precision Oncology Solution
Helping employees when time
is of the essence
Finally, a lifeline for cancer patients and their employers
Cancer is chaos – biologically at cellular level, systemically at treatment level, and professionally for both patients and employers.
When confronted with a cancer diagnosis, employees not only confront intense emotions, but also the practical complexity of getting an accurate diagnosis, finding the right specialists, obtaining additional expert opinions, researching the latest treatment options, and then making treatment decisions.
You’re already spending more on cancer than on any other condition. And with the overwhelming proliferation in new diagnostic tests, treatments, and specialty pharmaceuticals, that cost is rising. PHM’s Precision Oncology Solution has been designed specifically to protect businesses against the real potential for disruption or loss of key talent while fulfilling your priority as an employer to help employees access the best care and outcomes.
Better cancer care is possible
The future of cancer care is here, but it’s neither widely adopted nor equitably distributed.
Recent advances in biomedical research are revolutionizing cancer care, making prevention, earlier detection, and more precise and effective treatment possible. However, inefficiency and fragmentation in our healthcare system means that patients often have limited access to the latest potentially life-saving innovations.
PHM stays up-to-date with the latest treatments and knows how to access them on your behalf.
Advances in biomedical research are revolutionizing cancer care
- The NCI alone spends more than $6B annually on cancer research
- 34% of biopharmaceutical assets in development are related to cancer
- 28% of active clinical trials are focused on cancer
- Complex molecular-level precision diagnostics and treatments enable more effective and less toxic treatment options
Constraints in the Healthcare System
- Difficult for oncologists to stay current with latest research
- Insurance limits on reimbursement, networks, and treatments
- Incentives for hospitals to refer within their own networks
- Physician constraints on time
- Difficulty finding and getting enrolled in clinical trials
We’re experts in optimizing cancer care
Identifying and gaining access to the BEST CARE is more challenging and more important than ever
Our proprietary approach to cancer care is built on insights we’ve gained over 15 years of managing the toughest cancer cases with patients and their physicians:
- It doesn’t have to cost more to get the best care and outcomes
- The difference between cancer care using the latest biomedical advances and the routine care most patients receive is particularly pronounced in cancer. The best treatments significantly increase the chance of extending and saving lives.
- Patients want expert opinions to understand their full range of treatment options
- Patients value independent and objective guidance to support informed choices
- Patients and their families need clinical, intellectual, emotional, and logistical support
Cancer is extraordinarily complex and hard to impact. Unlike other conditions, it’s not one disease, it’s hundreds.
PHM closes the gap
We create order from chaos for employees with cancer and for their employers – delivering better care and outcomes.
- We work with you to predict cancer prevalence across your employee population and find ways for early identification of employees who would benefit from intervention early in their disease
- We improve your visibility and control over your cancer exposure as an employer, ensuring dollars are spent wisely via correct diagnoses, appropriate treatment plans, and integrated care across all providers
- We open the door to access top experts to explore the most promising science-based care options
- Through a rigorous 4-step care management system, we stand alongside employees and their families throughout their cancer journey, with extensive knowledge of the latest treatment options and deep relationships with top physicians, specialists, and hospitals to help them make every decision about their care with confidence
With Private Health, you get a highly personalized:
Proprietary approach brings together:
- Deep clinical and scientific insights and integrated clinical, educational, and logistical support
- Extensive relationships across medical systems from diagnostics through treatment
- Rigorous 4 step care management system to achieve best possible outcomes
- Intake and health history review
- Medical records collection
- Comprehensive clinical summary
- Advanced molecular diagnostics
- Consultations with leading specialists
- Diagnosis confirmation
- Personalized treatment options
- Education and decision support
- Clinical trial matching and enrollment
- Optimized Treatment Plan
- Care coordination and clinical support
- Treatment response monitoring
- Side effect management
- Patient/family multi-dimensional support
Our personalized approach addresses an individual’s clinical, intellectual, emotional, and logistical needs. We identify and engage patients and their physicians in an integrated care experience that is technology enabled and information rich.
It all adds up to better care
We aren’t daunted by even the toughest cases. Here are a few examples of how PHM has made a difference:
Aggressive Breast Cancer
An otherwise healthy 31-year-old female was given a Stage II breast cancer diagnosis following a routine annual exam. She was concerned about fertility preservation in addition to treating the cancer.
Faced with differing expert opinions, PHM recommended additional molecular profiling that helped determine the best treatment sequence for this aggressive breast cancer and located a clinical trial to reduce risk of reoccurrence.
Underwent successful egg retrieval, chemotherapy, surgery and reconstruction. Cancer free with active monitoring.
A 28-year-old female with Stage IV melanoma came to PHM with a grim prognosis.
PHM immediately connected her with the top melanoma specialist in the country and facilitated her enrollment in a clinical trial specific to her cancer mutations.
She had a complete response to treatment and is now symptom-free and thriving with no evidence of disease. PHM helped save over $345,000 annually on drugs.
A 56-year-old male with Stage IV esophageal cancer was told by his treating physician that they had exhausted all options. He came to PHM after being referred to hospice.
PHM’s researchers found an overlooked mutation in his molecular profiling results that made him eligible for a clinical trial precisely targeted to his presentation.
He had a complete response and remains cancer free for six years. While the trial was terminated, PHM helped him receive permission to remain on the therapy past the trial. PHM helped save $360,000 in treatment costs covered by trial.
A 56-year-old male was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer.
PHM helped him engage world leading experts and informed the design an innovative and aggressive treatment and monitoring plan.
After his initial treatment he reached Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) state which may lead to relapse. His progression was detected months before visible on imaging, allowing for planning and early implementation of continued treatment.
An otherwise healthy male was diagnosed with Stage IIIB rectal cancer.
Pharmacogenomic profiling identified a clotting condition (Factor V Leiden) that significantly altered his treatment course
This finding allowed our team to quickly identify and aid him when he was experiencing a life-threatening blood clot.
A male in his early 50s with Stage III pancreatic cancer was told that he was not a surgical candidate and should get his affairs in order.
PHM facilitated comprehensive molecular profiling to guide a long-term treatment strategy, and facilitated access to vaccine therapy to minimize the chance of recurrence.
He was treated with a cyber knife prior to surgery and was able to live an additional 3 years with a good quality of life.